Sunday, August 3, 2014

Living in Denver...

Its been a VERY long time since I've had any extra time to sit down and do this, but today I found some so I figured I'd write :)
Just an update: Obviously we've now moved to Denver. We've been here a little over a month and it's going well so far. I got a job in SW Denver at a house cleaning company. No, I'm not the house cleaner (although I feel I'd be good at it, but It's too hard of work for me) but I am their office manager / bookkeeper.  I enjoy it actually. I feel I'm learning a lot, especially about the business behind companies. We are staying at my parents currently, but will soon be moving into a place closer to downtown, and my job so we are looking forward to that :) Just trying to find the perfect place! I get asked a lot if I miss Vegas... and honestly, no. I miss my friends. I miss the house I most recently lived in, and I miss a couple things I used to do there... but actual Vegas... no. Im actually quite glad to be out of that horrid heat lol and I definitely feel I've made the right decision in moving. I have however been exceptionally busy since I've been here it seems. I'm still trying to find a balance between my new work schedule, being the best mommy I can, and having somewhat of a social life. It's been harder than I expected but it's getting there. The amount of time in a day that I'm away from Paris is probably the hardest transition I've had to make. But luckily she is always in good hands and has more love than she ever has.
Paris has grown tremendously in just the past month. She talks so much now. Not just words here and there but actually attempts to put together entire phrases and sentences. She loves her Grandma and Grandpa, and spending time with her cousin Camden who she refers to as "ze babyyy" lol. Her absolute favorite thing is Minnie Mouse. Everywhere we go, as soon as she see's anything Minnie related she yells repeatedly "mimmmi mimmmi" which makes choosing a theme for her 2nd birthday pretty simple ;) We're going to start the potty training this week I believe. She's showing interest so I feel I should probably start while I can and not miss my window of opportunity. The thought of no longer buying diapers is exciting, but it makes me kind of sad that she's growing up so quick. She was starting to get a little bratty, spoiled and selfish but now she's been playing with other kids daily and I think it has helped her a lot. At least she's beginning to realize that she's not the only kid in the world and not everything is hers... but she will always be my spoiled princess I'm sure of it. I've mentioned before that she's literally scared of nothing... which still remains true. She's quite the daredevil. I thought the fireworks on the fourth of july would terrify her but instead she danced to them and was basically ripping the sparklers out of my hand. She's entering the stage where she wants to do everything herself... pick her clothes, pick her food, push the cart at the store, etc. This is where I'm having to learn patience ;) She's still the funny, entertaining, healthy, overly happy girl she's always been. She makes every day the best, and I never go without laughing because of her. She becomes more and more of a blessing each day.


We're very happy to be here. Denver has always been home to me, and I'm excited it will be for my daughter too. We've already had so much fun since our move. We're looking forward to the fall, the holidays, and of course football. Glad we can be somewhere where all of those things truly exist. Paris has had lots of "firsts" in the past month, and has so much more to come.

Here's some pics and descriptions of our adventures so far :)....

Our final days in Las Vegas....






 
Our day of fun at Hammonds Candy Factory and The Denver Botanic Gardens...
 




 
Trips to our favorite... Wash Park
 



 
Kelsey and I went to the Denver river fest... got to paddle board and kayak, lots of fun...
 


 
4th of July Fun with the family...
 








 
Paris first Rockies Game and trip to Coors Field
 





 
One of my fav childhood places.. Casa Bonita. (Not so great once you grow up lol)
 




 
A couple nights out downtown for me :)
 
 
 
Time with family. Including a Luau...
 


 
 Most recently, and of course my personal favorite... Paris' first trip to Sports Authority field to watch practice and the scrimmage (since she wont make it through an entire game... some day)





 


And to think... all of this was just in 6 weeks. At least we're living right?? lol Hopefully I can be better at updating more frequently... but until next time :)
Bring on the Fall!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment