During the few days we were home, something kind of scary happened. I won't speak too much on it outside of general details (I don't feel it's my place to do so) but I would like to express some of my feelings on it...
My sister sent me a couple videos of my nephew asking if I thought he was acting strange. I watched them once and told her I thought he was normal, but I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical but just didn't want to freak her out. I watched them again though and after the second time and noticing a couple things I decided to tell her that no it wasn't normal. His body movements and eye movements were just not right. I felt bad because I could tell Amy didn't know how to handle the situation. Sometimes she does get overly stressed about things, and she knows this so I think she sometimes tries not to over analyze and stress. Something I told her though was that everyone will have their opinions and their so called advice but as a mom you know better about your child than anyone. You have to go with your gut. I also told her it's better to be crazy than careless and better to be overly safe than sorry later. She called the dr and sure enough had to go in. The next couple days were stressful for her family and I honestly felt so bad. I don't think I ever realized how strong of a person Amy is. As Camden's aunt, I was worried and stressed and felt so bad about it, I can only imagine the things she was going through during this time as his mother. I'm not sure I would have been able to handle it as well as she did if it were Paris, and I am very proud of her and admire her for this. At the end of it all they determined there was nothing permanently wrong with my nephew but that he has benign myoclonus spasms. Something he will grow out of :) if you want to read her story that includes more details and info you can see her blog at happilyenduring.blogspot.com... My nephew is a strong little boy and no matter what is going on he is so happy! And of course adorable ;)
Other than this I spent the week doing the usual, working, and hanging out... And well, packing for the next trip. I needed to be in Denver Friday morning so I booked a flight for Thursday night. Well, Thursday was crazy busy. Between packing work, Paris, etc I was literally running around all day non stop from 5:30am to 5:30pm. When we finally got to the airport our flight got delayed 4 hours, super frustrating, but we waited. There were many angry people, one man in particular that felt the need to yell at the staff, but I'll get more into him later ;) we spent our time eating airport food and walking back and forth on the moving sidewalks (a favorite of Paris) for being stuck there for so long Paris was so good and happy as can be. She's quite the avid traveler now (and has to have her purse anywhere we go)
We finally were able to get on the plane at about 9pm. This is there the real drama started lol. The angry man that I mentioned before was sitting 2rows behind me and wasn't very fond of Paris and her playfulness... Needless to say things escalated and our convo went something like this... (Hope it makes sense lol)
Paris: ahhhh (playfully)
Angry man: ahhh! (Mimicking her) I hope I don't have to hear that this whole flight
Me: *ignoring him*
Paris: ahhhh (playfully)
Angry man: ahhhh (mimicking again) you wanna see who can get louder?!
Me: you know what?! Shut up!
Angry man: no tell whatever THAT is (meaning Paris) to shut up
Me: THAT is my daughter she's 18months chill out
Angry man: I don't care I'm 59
Me: then act like it
As I turn back around another passenger says to the angry man, "can you not have some respect for a mother?"
Angry man: no I can't. This is why abortion is still legal. That b**ch never should've had a baby if she can't control the little brat.
Me: (unbuckling my seatbelt and standing up very angrily) I'm sorry what did you just say?
Angry man: *ignores me*
Me: *walks back to where he's sitting*
Angry man: what do you think you're going to do by walking back here?
Me: I came back here so my "little brat" can't hear what I'm about to say to you, now again, what did you just say?
Angry man: I think you heard me ma'am
Me: ....I'm going to leave this part out because it really wasn't nice lol but I basically told him he's what he called me ;)
Angry man: I'm just saying, I hope I don't have to listen to this the whole flight
Me: well the door is still open feel free to get off
As we were taking off I got pretty upset and may have cried a little. Only because I couldn't believe how disrespectful he was to me, how he spoke about my daughter, and that he got me to such a level of anger. I'll be the first to admit that I do tend to have a quick temper at times but I've honestly tried to work on it since having Paris and have gotten much better at keeping my composure. I honestly can't remember the last time I lost it like that, but I suppose I feel somewhat justified in doing so this time. Hopefully whatever that man was going through that caused him to act in such a manner gets better.
We finally made it to denver around midnight safe and sound and are still here now. It's definitely been a successful trip, and always a lot of fun. We got to go to wash park again and do the peddle paddle boats but then it snowed! Crazy, and disappointing at this time of year, but oh well.
Then yesterday was Mother's Day... I wasn't looking forward to it honestly. It's a day I tend to envy those with families/spouses that take their kids to do something nice for the mom, but yesterday I woke up happy and realized it's more about the fact that I'm blessed to have a perfect little girl that calls me mom and that I get to raise to be the woman she needs to be. This on top of the fact that I was blessed with an amazing mother myself made it a special day regardless. So I started the day off grateful. My mom made me breakfast which I felt bad about cause I should've done it for her, but that's just how selfless she is... Then in the afternoon my mom and dad and Paris wrote me a card that they put with a new pair of gorgeous earrings for me. My mom said that they just wanted to make sure I had somewhat of a Mother's Day and they made it special for me. She even helped Paris sign the card and tried to get her to say "happy Mother's Day" when she handed it to me :) made my day! The earrings were beautiful and I love them but my favorite part was honestly the card with Paris' little scribbles on it :) I'm truly grateful for my amazing family! Love them
We will make our return to Vegas on Thursday... Who knows when our next trip will be lol but it will be good to be home for a bit :)







So awesome :)
ReplyDelete